Come November, we all think about what we’re thankful for and we spend 30 days detailing our thankfulness and appreciation for those around us. Often times, we forget to be thankful throughout the rest of the year. There are days when I’m overly thankful and days that I plain forget. There are days that I’ll send handwritten thank you cards and then the weeks that I have a list of thank you cards I’d like to send, but they sit on my desk and I never get around to it. (Sorry!)
There are so many things that I’m thankful for and I know if I start to list them, I’ll never be able to list them all or I’ll forget something or someone. I’m thankful for the opportunities that I’m allowed and we all need to be grateful more often. I’ve been thankful for a lot lately for opportunities and experiences. I’d love to make it an occurrence throughout the year. My list of things I’m thankful for might not be your mushy-gushy normal list of things like the food I have on the table in front of me, being able to afford a reliable car or being able to go shopping for new clothes, but these are the things that are currently on my mind and impact my quality of life.
1. Music. Concerts. Festivals. Music. I recently read an article about why people go to concerts and why they will go see their favorite artists over and over again and it’s about the escape. While you’re watching and listening to that artist on stage, you are in an experience that makes you forget about everything else besides being in the moment. That’s what music does to me. It’s a platform of where I’m the most comfortable. Whether that be working an event, festival or venue or enjoying the music as an attendee. They all provide the same escape.
2. Animals. My pups, my cat, yes, even our salt water fish tank. No matter the time, my dogs can always cheer me up because they just want love and affection. A full-blood shih tzu, Tebow, and a pound puppy (lhaso apso/terrier mix), Sierra, have been part of our family for more than eight years.
3. Friends. that make me laugh. To those that I can (let’s be real) mainly text to make me laugh with short little smart comments, photos or all of the above, thanks. To those who I can spend an evening or afternoon with partaking in adventures, concerts, bonfires, fishing, beach trips, dinner and lunch or coffee dates, or sitting at home catching up on our favorite TV shows with a glass of wine, thank you. It means the world to me!
4. The Hubs. For the guy that has to deal with all of my crazy antics, my quirks, my obsessions, my slight ADD and OCD, my travel bug, and constantly on the go lifestyle – thanks for always being there to back me up.
5. Nashville. My home away from home. To my friends that let me crash at their homes and welcome me with open arms, to the city that gracefully adopts me every time I’m there and to those that had the guts to leave town and actually move there – thank you! Everything about Nashville from Broadway to Midtown to the Gulch – to Hattie B’s and Loveless Cafe to Goo Goo Clusters and Yazoo…..I love you Nashville, I always will.
6. Pensacola. My home, home. To the city that frustrates us daily and still remains beautiful. Our beaches are hard to leave, our community hosts a conglomeration of quirky creatives and we constantly are fighting together to make our city a better place to live for everyone. I love you, Pensacola.
7. My Business. I’m thankful for the opportunity to work for myself, serve businesses and organizations to fit their current needs. To be able to have the time to do what I want and work the hours that best suit me, I’m thankful for that for my sanity and lifestyle.
So what are you thankful for this time of year? Is it your office mate, your boss, a store, a community, your family? Let’s hear it.